STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Celebrity makeup and hair artist Candace Corey visited the KCAL 9 studios Monday to share her top skin, hair and makeup tips to help you look your best for your holiday office party.
Office to party:
• This is not only a season that you will be attending family gatherings but you will also be attending a lot of office parties as well. Not only do you network but photos from the events go on social media sites as well as newsletters so it can be like a red carpet event. You can look your best even with a hectic schedule of working all day!
• Keep in mind that photos will be taken, whether you pose for them or not.
• Pictures can add undue pounds to your physique so cut out on as much salt intake before the party so you don’t hold a lot of water weight.
• Since your very busy avoid the urge to drink coffee and soda as your energy boost. The caffeine may seem like it will help but it can follow up with a big crash by the end of the day before you go to your event.
• Instead go for drinks that contain high amounts of vitamin B, like the Genesis Today Acai juice which totes 500% of the daily allowance of B12 in just one glass. Not only will you have energy but Acai is a fruit, has been said to support great skin hair and nails so it can aid in your beauty factor as well.
• With all of the stress from schedule juggling, skin can become dehydrated and dull. Use your time in the shower to increase the vibrancy of your skin by opting for a body brush, instead of a wash cloth. Scrub in circular motions to get rid of dead skin cells and increase circulation.
• For additional benefits, use bath products that containing truffle extract like the Skin & Co. Roma Truffle Set. The truffle extract in the body wash and moisturizer will increase the production of Superoxide Dismutase which destroys free radicals and has an anti-aging effect while it moisturizes.
• Save yourself time and hassle by planning your makeup ahead of time. This isn’t the time to do a last minute smokey eye if you’ve never tried it or you can show up to the event looking like you were in an alley fight, and lost!
• Use the same tricks that professional stylists use all the time by applying colors that make your SKIN look it’s best not your fashion.
• Also go with highly pigmented products that have crease proof benefits like the Clinique beige eye shadow sets and nail color. The collection is an array of browns and beiges that will look great in the office as well as at the party.
• Start with a simple eye application for day, then add deeper tones before the party to give yourself an “evening look”. Don’t feel that you have to overdo it. Less is more.
• No need to spend the day at the salon, especially if your already so busy. Try transitional styles that can go from day to evening without a lot of skill and time.
• Simple Quick Hairstyles – Pony to Chignon Chic (hairstyle demo)
• Wash and blow dry hair, then apply 2–3 pumps of Shine Gloss Serum, from the Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe collection to control frizz and seal cuticle. Just be sure to avoid adding it to the roots.
• Next apply Smoothing Lotion through the length of the hair, then style it into a ponytail. The lotion will create a smooth polished look while adding conditioning shine. Now you are ready for work.
• Just before your event braid the length of the tail and pin it into a bun. With the end of your comb or your fingers, gently fluff pieces of the braid by partially pulling up segments of the hair to give the style various height and texture. Once it is at the desired style, spray hair with a medium hold hairspray for additional control to get rid of any ﬂy-aways.
• Now you are party perfect in minutes!