$120 Taken In Home-Invasion Robbery In Diamond Bar
DIAMOND BAR (CBSLA.com) — An elderly couple and their adult son were ordered to lie down during a home-invasion robbery Monday night in Diamond Bar, authorities said.
No one was injured in the robbery, which happened about 11 p.m. in the 500 block of Macenta Lane, Los Angeles County sheriff’s Sgt. R. Causey said.
The residents of the home — a 91-year-old man, his 84-year-old wife and their 44-year-old son — were upstairs watching TV when their dogs, who were indoors, started barking, Causey said. They went downstairs to check on the commotion and confronted two suspects who had already broken into the home.
The family was ordered back into the upstairs den and told to lie down, Causey said. They demanded the location of a safe and the woman told the robbers there was no safe. She told the robbers all the money they had was in her purse and her husband’s wallet, he said.
The suspects took the cash, a total of $120, and ransacked the home before leaving, apparently on foot, Causey said.
“I’m thankful the suspects did not harm this senior citizen couple and their son,” Causey said.
The suspects were described as two black men. No further description was available.
Just a little over an hour earlier and about 10 miles away, another home-invasion robbery happened in Hacienda Heights. The Hacienda Heights robbery also involved a family of three, but the two suspects were described as Hispanic men.
Authorities do not believe the two robberies are related.