Volunteer, Donate Food To Help With American Family Housing’s Free Thanksgiving Meal
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Courtney Lutkus and Sara Dodd from American Family Housing stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to tell viewers about their free Thanksgiving community meal event.
American Family Housing is a nonprofit organization that provides emergency, transitional and permanent affordable housing.
The event, which will feed about 500 homeless, elderly and poor within the community, takes place Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Community Services Building East-West Room, 8200 Westminster Blvd.
Ways To Help:
- Volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Help set-up, serve the food and decorate
We will need the following:
- 50 Frozen or fresh turkeys delivered before 11/20/13
- 100 Individual Desserts (Assorted Cookies, Pumpkin Pies, Cupcakes, Pumpkin or Zucchini bread or any assorted cakes)
- 100 Double crusted pies, such as apple and cherry
- 500 Dinner rolls and assorted bread
- 15 Cases of bottled water
- 500 Napkins, cutlery, plates and cups
- 30 Festive centerpieces to decorate the tables
For more information, click here.