Black Friday Steals And Deals From PromotionalCodes.com
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Black Friday is less than two weeks away!
Candice Cerro, consumer savings expert with PromotionalCodes.com, visited the KCAL9 studios Monday to share the top trends for Black Friday 2013 so shoppers can be prepared and maximize savings!
The Gift of Travel
• Giving a loved one a vacation for the holidays is a sure way to sky rocket yourself to the top of their favorite list.
• While this can be a pricier gift, travel sites like Expedia, Travelocity, Southwest Airlines Vacations and Hotels.com will also partake in the shopping holidays so you can save hundreds of dollars and make this lavish gift more feasible.
• This year during the Black Friday weekend, many will cash in on these savings and purchase a vacation.
• Couples can go in on this gift together to take a trip to ensure a gift that they’ll both love.
Stocking up on Essentials
• Most people think of Black Friday and Cyber Monday as the ultimate opportunity to buy holiday presents at a discounted price.
• With so many retailers participating in these events now however, it might also be a great time to save on everyday necessities like cleaning supplies and other household items.
• A lot of retailers will offer site-wide discounts, so if there are items you are always in need of, buy them during this period while they’re on sale!
The Prepared Shopper
• Since Black Friday’s popularity and awareness increases more and more each year, most retailers offer the same deals online that they do in stores.
• This eliminates camping out in front of Best Buy while the turkey digests to get the television you’ve been dreaming about.
• Retailers will begin teasing their sales in the week leading up to Black Friday weekend, so make a list of what you need and comparison shop online to see who will have the best deal.
• Start you search with sites like PromotionalCodes.com and CouponWinner.com to compare the deals all in one place.
Using Gift Cards to be a Savings Ninja
• As consumers get savvier about finding deals, many can give their gift list the one-two punch by purchasing gift cards at a discounted price for the retailers they know they’ll go to on Black Friday.
• Sites like ABCgiftcards.com and Cardpool.com allow you to buy gift cards at a variety of retailers like Nike, Toys R Us, Apple and more.
• For those who know they’ll be shopping the Black Friday sales at a specific retailer, they purchase gift cards in advance and use them as currency.
• Not only will they take advantage of the Black Friday deals, but they’ll also get the discount in advance. Savings on top of savings!
Technology at all Prices
• Televisions, tablets, cell phones, oh my! Technology always reigns supreme when it comes to holiday gifts and will be snapped up on Black Friday.
• If a specific person on your list is looking for a tablet but isn’t too picky about the brand, search for the best deals from major retailers like Dell and Samsung.
• DVDs are another great Black Friday item that can be bought at huge discounts and make perfect stocking stuffers! If you have a teenager that’s been dreaming of an iPhone, consider the iPhone 5c.
• It comes in cool colors and is $100 cheaper than the iPhone 5s model. While it’s never guaranteed, Black Friday is traditionally the one day a year that Apple offers discounts on its products.