WeHo’s Annual Halloween Costume Carnaval To Close Several City Streets
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
WEST HOLLYWOOD (CBSLA.com) — West Hollywood’s annual Halloween Costume Carnaval will force the closure of several city streets Thursday night.
The event, whose theme this year is Noir Night, will run from 6 to 11 p.m. on Santa Monica Boulevard between Doheny Drive and La Cienega Boulevard.
Several stages featuring themed musical performances and dancers will be set up throughout the closure area.
Queen Latifah has been crowned queen of the carnival.
The following street closures will be in effect:
– San Vicente Boulevard between Melrose Avenue and Santa Monica will be closed all day, reopening at 7 a.m. Friday;
– Santa Monica between Doheny Drive and La Cienega Boulevard, including all side streets, will close at noon, reopening at 6 a.m. Friday.
– Robertson Boulevard between Melrose and Santa Monica will be closed from noon through 6 a.m. Friday.
– Almont Drive and La Peer Drive will be closed from Santa Monica to Melrose from noon through 6 a.m. Friday.
– San Vicente between Cynthia Street and Santa Monica will be closed from noon to 6 a.m. Friday.
– Santa Monica between La Cienega Boulevard and Holloway Drive/Croft Avenue will be closed from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday.
– La Cienega between Sunset Boulevard and Santa Monica will be closed from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday.
– The Sunset eastbound and westbound turn lanes onto La Cienega will be closed from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday.
West Hollywood will suspend permit parking restrictions beginning at 11 a.m. and continuing until 6 a.m. Friday. Parking meters will be enforced. All parking restrictions must be observed in neighboring Beverly Hills and Los
Parking will be available in various West Hollywood city-operated structures and lots, with a $20 fee.
A shuttle service stopping at all Metro bus stops along Santa Monica Boulevard between Fuller and Croft avenues will run every 15 minutes from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday.
More information on the carnaval is available online at weho.org/halloween or by calling West Hollywood’s Halloween hotline at (323) 848-6503.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)