Make Spooky Cupcakes For Your Halloween Party!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Make spooky cupcakes for Halloween!
Paul Delagnes, cake artist from the Bread Basket Cake Company, stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to show viewers how to decorate fun and festive cupcakes for a Halloween party!
Tips on decorating cupcakes and cakes for a Halloween Party
- Stay within the festive theme – blacks, whites and oranges
- Favors – Chocolate and Pumpkin
How should you manage decorating cupcakes/cakes?
- Refrigerate your cupcakes after they have cooled down from the oven, working with a cold cake or cupcake helps to avoid having the icing melt as well as helps to prevent crumbs
- For decorating with chocolate (creating the decor) make sure it is really hot and melted all the way through, for the best results.
- Use wax paper to do the designs on, then refrigerate it.
- For Adult Halloween Parties, kick up the cupcake game by soaking them in a red wine or wine of your choice