Whip Up Easy, Delicious Comfort Foods This Fall!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — The temperatures are cooling down so the food is heating up!
Executive Chef Raoul Bowman from Scott’s Restaurant and Bar in Costa Mesa stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to show viewers how to make easy delicious fall comfort foods that look and taste amazing!
Bowman showed how to spice up simple classics with just a few simple ingredients and spices already in the pantry!
Half of a 2 ½ – 3 lb. chicken (deboned)
½ cup chicken stock
1/8 cup white wine
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon chopped shallots
½ teaspoon chopped tarragon
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. In a medium sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat
3. Add the chicken to the pan and brown both sides of the evenly
4. Once browned, place the chicken skin side up in a large baking dish and bake for 15 minutes
5. Remove the chicken from the oven and begin sautéing the shallots over medium heat
6. Add tarragon and white wine to de-glaze the chicken
7. Add in chicken stock and season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
Truffled Mac & Cheese:
• 1/2 gallon manufacturing cream
• 5 cups casa solana cheese
• 3 cups shredded mozzarella
• 1 cup Havarti cheese (cut in small cubes)
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan
• 1 cup toasted panko bread crumbs
• 2 cups penne pasta (cooked al dente)
• 1/8 teaspoons black truffle oil
1. Heat the manufacturing cream to just under boiling temp. Add in the casa Solana cheese, stirring frequently.
2. Slowly add and in the rest of the cheeses while stirring
3. Add 10 ounces of the cheese sauce to a sauté pan
4. Warm 6 ounces of the cooked penne pasta in hot water
5. Drain the penne, add to cheese sauce, toss evenly, then place in a shallow baking dish
6. Spread the breadcrumbs across the top of the baking dish and place under broiler
7. When the breadcrumbs are browned, removed baking dish from oven and drizzle with black truffle oil.
8. Serve warmed and enjoy!