Mulberry Street Pizzeria Celebrates National Pizza Month!
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — October is National Pizza Month!
Richie Palmer, the founder and owner of Mulberry Street Pizzeria, one of the most well-known and highly rated pizzerias in the world, and General Manager Juan Garcia, visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to celebrate.
The duo also showed viewers how to make their famous New York-style pizza at home!
Basic Pizza Dough + Mulberry St Pizza’s Signature Marinara Sauce: Mulberry’s NY Style Pizza
– 1 Pkg.Active dry yeast (2 ½ tsps)
– 1 Tsp.Sugar
– 2 Cups Lukewarm water (divided)
– 3 ½ Cups Flour plus additional for handling
– 1 Tbs.Salt
– 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
1. In large bowl combine yeast sugar and ½ cup of water. Stir with a fork until mixed. Cover with a towel and let stand 30 min. If yeast is foamy continue, if not do not use – start over again.
2. Add the salt, olive oil and remaining water
3. Stir in flour ½ cup at a time
4. Dust your hand with flour and knead and knead dough for 5 minutes.
5. Place dough in bowl and cover with towel
6. Put it in a warm place and let rise for 1 hr.
7. After dough rises knead again for 2 min.
8. Roll and put in 16 in round or 18 x 13 oblong pan
9. Spread dough on greased pan (grease with Crisco)
10. Prick dough with fork and bake at 400 degrees until brown on the bottom – remove from oven (I like baking the dough first it’s very crispy, then I add top ingredients)
Add Mulberry Street Pizzeria’s World Famous Marinara Sauce (available at http://mulberrypizzeria.com/shopping/, in restaurants, Bed Bath & Beyond) sliced Mozzarella cheese, and whatever toppings you may like. Put back in oven until cheese melts or it is cooked to your liking.
The famous pizza parlor is also celebrating their 21st anniversary in Beverly Hills.