Filed underSeen On TV
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Celebrate National Coffee Day on Sunday!
Charles Babinski, champion barista and founder of G&B Coffee, stopped by KCAL9 Friday to show viewers how to make creative “coffee house coffee” at home!
G&B Coffee is a high concept coffee bar in Los Angeles.
Here are some recipes Babinski showed:
One and One with Almond Maple Iced Latte:
(A one and one is when you drink half the extraction as an espresso and use the other half to make a drink)
• 140g Almond milk (homemade, sweetened with dates) 10g maple syrup
• Shake half of the espresso, almond milk and syrup in shaker with ice, strain into a chilled glass and top with ground coffee and cinnamon.
Mint Mocha Latte:
• 1oz chocolate syrup or ganache
• 10g mint simple syrup
• 6oz steamed milk
• Mix syrups, espresso together. Pour steamed milk over and top with micro planed chocolate
Iced Vanilla Cappuccino:
• 3oz cold milk
• Vanilla syrup
• Foam from steamed milk
• Mix syrup, milk and espresso together. Pour over ice and top with cooled off foam
Cold Brew Coffee Cocktail:
• 2 parts cold brew coffee
• 2 parts sparkling apple cider/juice
• 1 part whiskey