Pair BBQ Dishes With Beer Cocktails For Great Tailgating Parties!
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Impress fellow football fans with a great tailgate!
Head Mixologist Krystal Badia and Chef Brett Wyman from Goal Sports Café stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to show viewers BBQ and beer cocktail pairings that are perfect for football tailgating parties!
- Water of Life: A pint of Black Butte Porter with Dewer’s, Amaretto & Triple sec served in a caramel & cashew glazed rim glass
- The Free Agent: Bourbon of your choice, Crème de cacao & a can of PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon).
Goal Sports Café BBQ Dishes:
- Famous $5 Burger: ½ lb of all beef patty with lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, mustard mayonnaise and soft bun
- Pirate Wings: Deep fried battered crispy, chicken wings, tossed in secret pirate sauce
- Sloppy Chicken: Beer Braised BBQ Chicken Breast on a bun (healthier version of sloppy jo)
Whether it’s a parking lot tailgate at the stadium or inviting friends over to watch the game, Badia and Wyman shared easy tips on how to impress guests without breaking a sweat:
Game Day Tips:
- Freeze your glasses before your guests arrive so they are nice and cool when sitting outside in the sun.
- Set up your bar with multiple bottles, shakers, strainers, different garnishes, themed napkins and straws.
- Serve your cocktails in unexpected containers, such as mason jars or favorite teams mugs
- Most importantly, make it fun by creating signature cocktails recipes and adding menus
- Create a fun table mat that keeps with a football theme
- Serve dishes in fun football themed dishes
- Create dishes that are easily shared