Chef Aaron Williams Shares Hot New Food Trends For The Fall!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Recreate hot new fall food trends at home!
Chef Aaron Williams, the newest Food Fanatic Chef with US Foods, stopped by KCAL9 studios Monday to show viewers the hottest new trends that will hit menus this fall!
US Foods helps restaurant operators stay on trend and grow their business in the competitive culinary scene. The company will host a culinary expo, Food Fanatics Live, on Oct. 23 at the OC Fairgrounds. To sign up, click here or text “Food Fantatics” to 69302 to register.
Williams also demonstrated how to make Pork Belly Banh Mi with Picked Red Onion and Brussels Sprouts Slaw:
1 lb. Chef’s Line Pork Belly
8 ea. Bao Buns
Pickled Red Onion Slaw:
1 ea. Red Onions
½ c. sugar
½ c. rice wine vinegar
½ c. matchstick carrots
¼ c. chopped cilantro
¼ c. Blanched Shaved Brussels Sprouts
Thai Peanut Spread:
1 c. peanut butter
2/3 c. Monarch Oriental Dressing
2 T. black sesame seeds
- Slice Chef’s Line Pork Belly into ¼ x 3 in. slices. Deep fry until outside is crispy.
- Julienne red onion and marinate in ½ c sugar and ½ c rice wine vinegar for about 30 min.
- Add matchstick carrots and cilantro to pickled marinated red onions for slaw. Reserve.
- For Thai Peanut spread, combine peanut butter and Monarch Oriental Dressing in blender. Add 2 T black sesame seeds.
- Steam cha siu bao bun
- Add one slice fried Chef’s Line Pork Belly
- Spread 1 T of Thai Peanut Spread on inside of bun.
- Add 2 T Pickled Red Onion Slaw