Filed underSeen On TV
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Send the kids off to school with yummy lunches!
Here are some recipes Woo shared:
Creamy Tomato Bisque
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 (28 ounce) can of San Marzano tomatoes
3 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of heavy cream or half & half
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh basil, for garnish
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. When the butter has melted, add the onions and 3-finger pinches of salt and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until light brown and caramelized.
2. Stir in the garlic and bay leaf and cook for 60-90 seconds, until fragrant.
3. Add the tomatoes and 3-finger pinches of salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Using a potato masher, crush the tomatoes into little pieces.
4. Add the chicken stock and heavy cream and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Serves as a chunky soup or blend with a hand blender until it reaches your desired consistency. Serve and enjoy!
Ultimate Grilled Cheese
Fresh tomatoes, sliced
Peeled roasted red peppers, homemade or jarred
Cheese slices, cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, etc.
Bread slices, sourdough, whole wheat, rye, etc.
1. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto the inside of both slices of bread.
2. Place a couple slices of tomato on one slice of bread, followed by two slices of cheese.
3. On the other slice of bread, place two slices of cheese followed by the roasted red pepper.
4. Carefully put the two halves of the sandwich together.
5. Brush each side of the sandwich with some olive oil.
6. Heat up a non-stick pan over low heat and place the sandwich in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy. Serve and enjoy!
Monster Chocolate Milkshake
2 cups of chocolate milk
1 frozen banana
½ cup of Greek yogurt
Combine everything in a blender and blend until smooth.