Go ‘School House’ Chic At Home With Design Tips From Kelly Edwards
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Ready for a home makeover?
Kelly Edwards, the co-host and design coordinator for HGTV’s “Design on a Dime” as well as STYLE Network’s “Tacky House”, visited the KCAL9 studios Monday with all the answers!
Her new book, “Design Cookbook, Recipes for a Stylish Home,” is out now and showcases a myriad of looks, tastes, and approaches to chic home design in the book.
The vintage “school house design” is huge this year, and Kelly has several tips on how to decorate a dorm room and different parts of your home using this concept.
• Using steel wool and vinegar you can stain any natural wood giving it an old school vintage look. It’s a greener way to stain.
• Create old vintage school house lights with a kitchen bowl, paint and a light kit. Easy DIY. (This is in the book)
• Use glass beakers for office storage.
• Just like in botany class you can use little atriums around your home to protect your plants.
• Create a ruler growth chart for kids…for $7! Normally $100 at Pottery Barn.
For more decorating ideas from Kelly, visit her online.