Travel Expert Offers Tips For Planning A ‘Smart-Cation’
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Jason Lee, travel expert for HotelCoupons.com, visited KCAL9 to discuss “smart-cations,” budget-friendly vacations suited to your interests.
Instead of traveling to the popular and often overcrowded vacation spots, Lee recommends choosing the road less-traveled in order to save.
• Altadena, California (30 minutes from Los Angeles);
• Sam Merrill Trail: a 5-mile trail offering great views of the Old Mount Lowe Railroad and the San Gabriel Mountains;
• Oxnard, Calif.: Oxnard includes 7 miles of secluded white-sand beaches, with three wineries on the Ventura County Wine Trail (1-hour from Los Angeles);
• Downtown Heritage Square: Home to 11 historic Victorian homes where you can take a self-guided tour or relax in the gardens.
Off the Beaten Track Places:
• Little Corona del mar Beach (45 minutes from Los Angeles);
• The smaller “sister” of popular Corona del Mar State Beach;
• San Onofre State Beach: A scenic coastal-canyon park consisting of San Onofre Bluffs, San Onofre Surf Beach, and San Mateo Campground (1-hour from Los Angeles).
For more information, visit HotelCoupons.com.