Filed underSeen On TV
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Have you ever eaten dried roses, lavender or chamomile flowers?
Master Herbalist and Classical Homeopath, Sara Chana, stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to discuss how to integrate alternative medicine with conventional medicine!
- Flowers are so effective when we view them but they have an even more powerful effect when ingested
- Pansy flowers can be added to salads, put on chicken or placed on cookies, they are a gorgeous decoration that is totally edible. They are a great natural source of vitamin C, vitamin E, as well as magnesium, calcium and other minerals. It is also used in all skin conditions and respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis.
- Flowers such as roses help lift depression and give a sense of calm. We will eat sugar coated roses and Rose Jelly.
- Lavender in tea helps calm a person’s nerves and anxiety.
- Chamomile is safe for babies and all ages and helps settle stomachs and calms the nerves.
- Violet jam is delicious and can substitute in any recipe that calls for jam.
- Flower vinegars are very healthy because the vinegar extracts the priceless minerals from the flowers and captures the taste which and the vinegar can be used on salads, soups and meats.