Grill To Perfection With Tips From Celebrity Chef Sharone Hakman
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Celebrity chef Sharone Hakman is sharing his grilling secrets with KCAL9!
Hakman visited the studios Wednesday to show viewers how to elevate their outdoor dining experience with different grilling tips to achieve gourmet, yet simple-to-make summertime dishes.
Sharone Hakman Recipes for KCAL appearance on Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Grilled prawn, Mojo de Ajo and Blistered Tomatoes
½ cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic
2/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground oregano
1 ½ teaspoons salt, or to taste
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
24 cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
To make Mojo de Ajo:
– Heat olive oil in deep saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant and pale golden brown. Do not let brown too much, or else garlic will become bitter.
– Stir in sour orange juice (or lime juice and grapefruit juice), water, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Stand back, because the sauce may spatter. Bring to rolling boil. Correct the seasoning, adding more salt and pepper, if needed. Let cool to room temperature, and then stir in cilantro or parsley.
– Marinade prawns in mojo de ajo.
– Oil tomatoes and season them.
– Grill prawns until opaque inside. Grill tomatoes until blistered.
Twice cooked, Habanero Pineapple BBQ Chicken Wings, Grilled Pineapple, Charred Lime
2 2⁄3 lbs chicken wings
2 2⁄3 tbsp peanut oil
½ cup dark soy sauce
1 1⁄3 tbsp honey
2 2⁄3 tbsp dry sherry
1 1⁄3 clove garlic, crushed
2⁄3 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
½ cup Habanero Pineapple BBQ Sauce
½ Pineapple, sliced
4 limes sliced in half
1. Heat oil in a pan and brown wings for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add soy, honey, wine, garlic and ginger. Stir well.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the wings are tender.
4. Grill braised wing, pineapple and lime on the grill.
5. Brush BBQ sauce on top of wings before serving.
Moroccan Spice Ras El Hanout (for Leg of Lamb dish):
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
2 teaspoons ground mace
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Blend all spices together.