Coroner: Cory Monteith Died From Heroin, Alcohol Overdose
VANCOUVER (CBSLA.com) — The British Columbia Coroner Tuesday confirmed that “Glee” star Cory Monteith died from an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
Monteith, 31, was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room on Saturday.
While he had a series of guest roles, Monteith shot to stardom with his role as Finn Hudson, a football player-turned-chorus singer, on the hit FOX show.
The actor, who starred alongside on- and off-screen girlfriend Lea Michele, was open about his struggles with addiction. He had even checked into a rehab facility earlier this year.
Michele’s publicist released a statement Tuesday to People magazine which said, “Since Cory’s passing, Lea has been grieving alongside his family and making appropriate arrangements with them. They are supporting each other as they endure this profound loss together.”