Expecting? Throw A ‘Gender Reveal Party’ With Tips From Party City!
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Having a baby? Throw a party to reveal the gender!
Party City Celebration Expert, Julia Darrenkamp, stopped by KCAL9 Friday to show viewers fun and easy tips to throw a “Gender Reveal Party”!
Blue and Pink Color Scheme
- Feel free to go over-the-top with the colors!
- Starting with the base of the table — a simple blue tablecloth with a pink wrapping paper as a table runner. Just cut it to the size of your table and folded the ends. This is a great tip for any party you’re planning. Bright patterns, like stripes or polka dots, look great against a solid tablecloth.
- At the front of the table you can have blue and pink paper fans. These look great stuck on the wall as a background, to the back of chairs or even hanging from the ceiling.
Team Blue or Team Pink
- Ask your guests to wear either pink or blue to the party to designate what team they’re on. Provide blue or pink accessories to jazz up their blue and pink ensembles. Party City has a huge assortment of costume accessories to choose from such as boas, top hats or bow ties.
- Ask your guests to cast their ballot and vote for either a boy or girl!
- Take blue and pink rock candy and dressed them up for the party with bows or mustaches. Then placed it in champagne glasses and pour sprite over it.
The Big Reveal
- Have the doctor write down the baby’s gender, place it in a sealed envelope and bring it to your baker who will fill cupcakes with either blue or pink icing. This way, you’ll learn the baby’s gender when you bite into the cupcake.
- Another popular way to reveal the baby’s gender is to give your sealed envelope to someone at the balloon counter at Party City. They’ll then put either blue or pink balloons in a box and the gender is revealed when you open the box.
For more information, visit Party City.