MLB Issues Suspensions, Fines Following Dodgers, Diamondbacks Brawl
Los Angeles Dodgers
Buy Dodgers Tickets
Dodgers CentralShop for Dodgers Gear
Buy Dodgers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Major League Baseball issued suspensions and fines Friday to Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondback players and coaches who were involved in a brawl during Tuesday night’s game.
The following suspensions were issued:
- D-backs pitcher Ian Kennedy has received a 10-game suspension for intentionally throwing a pitch in the head area of Zack Greinke of the Dodgers in the bottom of the seventh inning, after a warning had already been issued to both Clubs earlier in the game
- D-backs infielder Eric Hinske has received a five-game suspension for leaving the dugout and for his aggressive actions during the incidents
- Pitcher J.P. Howell and infielder/outfielder Skip Schumaker of the Dodgers have each received two-game suspensions for their aggressive actions during the incidents
- Dodgers hitting coach Mark McGwire has received a two-game suspension for his conduct during the incidents
- Dodgers pitcher Ronald Belisario has received a one-game suspension for his aggressive actions during the incidents
- Dodgers manager Don Mattingly has received a one-game suspension for the actions of his Club and for his conduct during the incident
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson has received a one-game suspension for the intentional actions of Kennedy after a warning had been issued
In addition to the suspensions, MLB issued undisclosed fines to Greinke, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero and Diamondbacks outfielder Garardo Parra.
The Dodgers were fined for allowing players on the disabled list to leave the dugout, violating MLB rules. During the weekend’s games, both clubs will not be allowed to have players on the DL in the dugout.
Mattingly and Gibson are expected to serve their suspensions during Friday night’s games. Dodgers are playing the Pittsburgh Pirates at 4:05 p.m. at PNC Park, and the Diamondbacks are scheduled to play the San Diego Padres at 7:10 p.m. at Petco Park.