Expand Your Dinner Repertoire With Recipe From Australian Chef Manu Feildel!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Expand your dinner repertoire and impress your guests!
Australian Chef Manu Feildel stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to show viewers how to make a dish from his newest cookbook, Manu’s French Bistro!
This is the recipe for the Barramundi “en croute de sel” (a fish dish):
1x1kg barramundi (gutted but not scaled)
1kg rock salt
Water to combine
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
1 lemon (sliced)
1/2 bunch parsley
1bunch chives (chopped)
½ red onion (sliced)
1) It is very important for the fish to have his scales left on so the skin will stick to the dough when cooked.
2) Place the parsley, shallots and lemon slices inside the belly. Reserve.
3) For the dough, in a large bowl mix the flour, salt, thyme and chives together then the water bit by bit until you obtain a pliable masse. Reserve.
4) Pre-heat the oven at 220°. Cut the dough in half, Place a large piece of grease proof paper on your work surface and roll out 2 rectangles a little larger than the fish itself, Place the fish on of a rectangle and wet the edges and place the other over the fish, it needs to be well sealed, brush with egg wash and Then slide the fish into the oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
5) Use a hammer to break the crust
For more information, visit Manu Feildel.