Learn To Make Caramelized Scallops With Chef Tim Kast Of Seasons 52!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Eat a seasonal meal at Seasons 52!
Chef Tim Kast of Seasons 52, a restaurant known for its seasonal menus and diverse wine selections, stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to show viewers how to make Caramelized Scallops.
8 jumbo sea scallops
1 teaspoon blackening spice
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
6 spritz extra virgin olive oil, in spray bottle
½ juice of fresh lemon
• Heat non-stick skillet on medium high. Spritz pan four times with extra virgin olive oil.
• Pat scallops dry and season with blackened spice and salt. Add scallops, not touching, do not stir or move. Sear scallops for 2 minutes, turn and sear for 2 more minutes. Squeeze lemon into pan with scallops to deglaze. Remove pan from heat.
• Arrange scallops creatively on plate with grilled asparagus and tomato-mushroom pearl pasta.
TOMATO-MUSHROOM PEARL PASTA
2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes
¼ cup warm water
1 medium red onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
¼ cup diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon chopped thyme
8 ounce package of mushrooms, quartered (any variety of your choice)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped basil
1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
Black pepper to taste
1 packed cup of pearl pasta, cooked (Israeli cous-cous)
• Soak sundried tomatoes in ¼ cup warm water for 30 minutes, drain and reserve.
• Dice onion into ½“ pieces. Preheat sauce pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil on medium heat and cook onions for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add balsamic vinegar and diced tomatoes and stir; cook for another 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool. Reserve.
• Preheat sauté pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in soy sauce and cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool. Reserve.
• Combine all reserved ingredients together with parsley, basil, cooked pearl pasta, salt and black pepper and mix well. Serve as a side dish. Dish can be served hot or cold.
For more information, visit Seasons 52.