Claremont McKenna College Student Dies After Possibly ‘Huffing’ Nitrous Oxide

CLAREMONT (CBSLA.com) — A Claremont McKenna College student died last week after possibly “huffing” nitrous oxide.

Ali Wallace Mirza, 19, of Westport, Conn., died at the hospital around 2 a.m. Friday after he was found unresponsive in his room, said Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.

Police said they found empty nitrous oxide canisters in the dorm, according to the Los Angeles Times.

An autopsy was conducted, but the cause of death was deferred pending additional tests.

(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It

Listen Live