“Gone Plaid Bandit” Still At Large, FBI On Hunt
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The bank robber known as the “Gone Plaid Bandit” most recently struck a U.S. Bank on 157 N. Larchmont in Los Angeles on Saturday, and the FBI is looking to the public for help in his apprehension.
The “Gone Plaid Bandit” is among the FBI’s Top 10 Most Wanted bank robbers in Southern California.
The FBI and Orange County Sheriff’s Department have released a special bulletin notice that provides the suspect’s description.
The suspect is a thin white male in either his 20’s or 30’s. He weights about 160 lbs and stands at about 5’6″ to 5’8″. He has brown hair and has a “soul patch” on his chin.
The suspect has also been seen wearing a long-sleeved, collared button-up shirt, a baseball cap, and sunglasses.
Among the banks robbed by the bandit since 2010 include:
• Wachovia Bank at 1901 E. Euclid in Fullerton on Feb. 17, 2010.
• Wells Fargo Bank at 18529 Yorba Linda Boulevard in Yorba Linda on Feb. 7, 2011.
• Chase Bank at 5791 Santa Ana Canyon in Anaheim Hills on Feb. 11, 2011.
• East West Bank at 14845 Jeffrey in Irvine on May 16, 2011.
• Orange County’s CU at 17504 Yorba Linda Blvd. in Yorba Linda on Jan. 6, 2012.
• Chase Bank at 25872 Muirlands in Mission Viejo on Jan. 9, 2012.
• East West Bank at 14845 Jeffry (again) in Irvine on Jan. 18, 2012.
• Wells Fargo Bank at 20375 Yorba Linda Blvd., in Yorba Linda on May 11, 2012.
• Opus Bank at 17672 Yorba Linda Blvd., in Yorba Linda on April 15, 2013.
• US Bank at 27120 Alicia Pkwy., in Laguna Niguel on April 15, 2013.
• Comerica Bank in Marina Del Rey on April 26, 2013.
The bandit reportedly enters the bank and presents a demand note, and says “Just the $50’s and $100’s, no dye packs.”
No vehicle has been spotted and no weapon has been displayed.
In at least his last three robberies, the suspect has used a skateboard to approach and leave the victim bank.
Anyone with information is prompted to contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation Bank Robbery Apprehension Team at (714) 939-8699, or the 24-hour line at (310) 477-6565, or email SA Christopher Gicking at Christopher.email@example.com .