Learn To Make Tagliolini With Spring Ingredients From Chef Gino Angelini of RivaBella!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Jump into the season by learning how to pair wine with seafood and spring ingredients!
Executive Chef Gino Angelini of RivaBella restaurant stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to tell viewers about his newly opened restaurant and show them some of their menu items!
RivaBella is a sprawling 8,000 square-foot indoor-outdoor space West Hollywood serving lunch and dinner daily and offers traditional, ingredient-based Italian fare and classic techniques.
Chef Gino also shared how to make tagliolini with fresh fava beans, lobster and guanciale:
Recipe Serves 4
* 500 gr. Flour
* 6 by 60gr. Eggs
* 8oz Celery
* 8oz Carrots
* 6oz Onion
* 1 sprig Thyme
* 2 cloves Garlic
* 4 oz Cherry Tomato
* 1 pinch Chili Flakes
* 8oz regular Tomato
* 8 oz Extra Virgil Olive Oil
* 1 pinch Black Pepper
* 6 fl oz White Wine
* 3oz Brandy
* 1 – 2lb Lobster
* 8 oz Fava Beans
* 2oz Dill
* 2oz Parsley
* 4oz Shallot
* 6oz Guanciale
1. Mix flour and eggs together well
2. Cut the pasta; Thickness of pasta depends on the cook’s preference. Start cutting the pasta at around 8 inches and then work your way down to 3 or 4.
2. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour.
3. Boil salt water- approximately 1 gallon of water per pound of pasta
4. Cook pasta for 2-3 minutes in the boiling salted water
1. Make a stock with 8-10 lobster heads: Start with olive oil and sauté Carrots, Leeks, Celery with Aromatic herbs and Lobster Heads. Add parsley, chili flakes, garlic, thyme, Brandy, and wine. Once slightly browned, add 1 gallon of cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce boil to a simmer and let simmer for 3-4 hours.
2. Add lobster stock to a sauté pan and reduce by 50%
3. Add tomato, guanciale and cook well
4. Add the dill and the lobster meat (cut in small pieces)
5. Add fava beans without skin
Toss pasta with sauce, add pecorino cheese and season with black pepper to taste.
For more information, visit RivaBella.