Local

Carjacking Victim Pledges To Sue For $1M Dorner Reward

View Comments
Photo Galleries

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A camp ranger, who was allegedly carjacked by Christopher Dorner, plans to sue the city of Los Angeles for the $1 million reward offered for information leading to the capture of the rogue ex-cop who led authorities on a manhunt.

An attorney for Rick Reltebrake said Friday that his client’s 911 call directly led police to Dorner’s hideout in a mountain cabin.

Earlier this month, the LAPD said three former judges will decide whether anyone can lay claim to the reward and set up a claims process.

The judges will also determine how the reward should be distributed, if at all.

A couple, who called police after Dorner allegedly tied them up and fled in their car shortly before his Feb. 12 death, have also submitted claims for the reward.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,543 other followers