Plan The Perfect Spring Picnic With Tips From Celebrity Event Planner Wade Williams
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Enjoy the outdoors this weekend with the perfect picnic!
Wade Williams, celebrity event planner and founder of event company PICNIC, visited KCAL9 Thursday to share tips for throwing the perfect picnic.
How to set the table with light fabrics:
• Use a tablecloth on the ground or on the picnic table, but give your look a little extra something
• Go to the fabric store and get a small amount of material – use linens, gingham, patterns, small florals. Layer two of three of them to a light, airy look and feel
How to decorate with flowers from the garden:
• Bring a vase of bright colored flowers to bring a little of the flower garden to your table
• Use lilies, Gerber daisies, cherry blossoms, tulips, daffodils. If you don’t want to bring a vase, use something simple like a water jug or jelly jar
Celebrate with a special drink:
• Drink to celebrate the season
• Make mint juleps in advance. Maybe a Bellini (made with pear juice rather than champagne)
• Or if you want to bring some wine, make it a light white wine such as a fume blanc
• There are so many great portable drink containers now. Old Jelly/Jam Jars are the best way to transport these type of beverages
• Just make sure you don’t put ice in the container. Add ice to the beverage when you get there. If it’s really hot out, freeze the mixer the night before and add the alcohol later
Food for the picnic:
• When going on an outdoor picnic, make sure you are food safe as well as food savvy! The perfect picnic menu is anything that can be served room temperature. Never go on a picnic with a Mayonnaise or Cream based dish. You are just asking for trouble!
For Wade’s recipes that include Crostini with Goat Cheese & Strawberry, Penne With Strawberry, Basil & Mozzarella Berry Parfait and Bourbon Slush, click here.