STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Learn new exercises to get bikini ready!
BASI Pilates founder Rael Isacowitz stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to discuss the benefits of Pilates and to show viewers moves that will help build flexibility, muscle strength and endurance.
Pilates: history, philosophy and benefits
- Developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates
- Pilates was created and developed for men, but has been widely popularized by women. It’s one of the fastest growing fitness trends and both men and women are taking advantage of its benefits.
- Helps build flexibility, muscle strength, and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back. It puts emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing, and developing a strong core or center, and improving coordination and balance.
BASI Pilates: philosophy, advantages, educational philosophy
- BASI – Body Arts and Science International – is a teacher training academy dedicated to introducing curriculum-based studies and academic rigor into the largely informal and unfettered field of Pilates instruction
- The purpose of BASI is to educate Pilates instructors and maintain that education on the cutting edge of the discipline for the duration of their careers.
- Represented in 27 countries and globally headquartered in Orange County (Costa Mesa, Calif.)
The global Pilates leaders conference, which will be held June 8 and 9 in Newport Beach, is expected to bring 250-300 Pilates enthusiasts and professionals.
For more information, visit BASI Pilates.