Lifestyle Expert Justine Santaniello Gives Secret Tips To Simplify A Woman’s Daily Beauty Routine!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Look your best in just a few simple steps!
Lifestyle Expert Justine Santaniello stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to discuss the secrets to help the everyday woman simplify her beauty routine with drugstore must-haves!
Santaniello’s tips included:
What to do the night before:
- Your beauty routine should always start with the night before! One thing you absolutely MUST do every night is remove your makeup!
- While you sleep is the skins natural time to regenerate itself so when you forget to wash your face, your skin has the chance to marinate in a day’s worth of debris and oil which ultimately is going to cause breakouts, blemishes and age you faster.
- If you can’t seem to get into the bathroom for the full routine, I recommend keeping a pack of makeup removing wipes by your bedside and removing the day’s makeup from your face.
- Many are safe for sensitive skin and portable, so you can take them anywhere.
- Another important beauty basic is moisturization. I can’t emphasize how vital using a great moisturizer is to keep your skin barrier healthy. This allows you to give off that glow that not only makes us feel better but look better as well. You don’t need a heavy or greasy moisturizer either; you want to look for one that has natural ingredients, like Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion.
- When it comes to exfoliating, make sure you know what’s in your scrubs! The rule of thumb is that you need a natural exfoliant which can be a sugar or salt and then a natural moisturizing element like olive oil or coconut oil.
- When you apply it, make sure to start at your feet and work your way up, scrubbing in a circular motion. Also keep in mind to be gentler on places like the chest, neck, and stomach where your skin is thinner!
Drugstore beauty must-haves?
- Most women think they need to take the time to apply a million different products each day and spend a fortune on name brand items. Remember your local drugstore is your best friend in terms of beauty must-haves.
- One of the biggest beauty trends we are seeing for spring is minimalism! Unlike the “no makeup look” we have seen in the past, this is all about a flawless finish with skin prepped to perfection
- Since we have already covered the basics in skincare, you are already halfway there. All you need to add is some simple contouring, a slight curl to the lashes (eyelash curler), and a flush of pink on your cheeks (blushes, cream blushes). This look is perfect for everyday as its simple, fresh, and less time consuming.
Spring beauty trends:
- Some other big trends for spring are neutral color nails and natural locks like loose braids, low ponytails, and bouncy curls.
- Keep an eye out for PINK as the IT color for your eyes and lips. We are seeing a focus on the eyes with vibrant, saturated colors which are also being featured on lips. If you are daring enough try a matte finish on your lips to really make the color stand out.
- Display only the beauty products that you use just about every day, and not all those ‘extras’. This way you have everything out and easy to reach but also it makes putting on makeup seems less daunting
- Also, stick to the layer/one coat rule. Find mascara you only need to apply once or get an eye shadow that has two shades.
- Keep a clock in the bathroom, so you can keep tabs on your time!
For more information, visit Justine Santaniello.