Fleming’s Steakhouse Shows How To Make Their Famous Steak And Lobster For Valentine’s Day
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Chef Partner Brandon Powell of Fleming’s Steakhouse showed KCAL9′s Leyna Nguyen how to make their famous peppercorn New York steak for Valentine’s Day.
He also showed her how they make their decadent chocolate lava cake. But back to the steak for a minute.
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is the ultimate steakhouse destination for the wine lover: stylish, lively, contemporary, and affordable.
Beyond excellence in food & wine, Fleming’s offers unparalleled atmosphere and service. Fleming’s offers the perfect backdrop for memorable times with family and friends: in the main dining area or in the private dining room.
The upscale eatery is also opening a new location in Beverly Hills.
Prepared by Executive Chef Partner Russell Skall
Ingredients for Peppercorn Steak
2 ½ tbsp. Black Peppercorns
2 ½ tsp. White Peppercorns
3 ea. 12 oz. New York Strip
3 tsp. Kosher Salt
5 oz. Pomace oil
½ tsp. Chopped Parsley, dry
To taste Salt and pepper
As needed Steak Sauce
- Place both peppercorns in a sauté pan and cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes. Pull from the heat and crack the peppercorns in half. Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the cracked peppercorns on a plate and press one side of the steak into the peppercorns to coat evenly.
- Pour pomace oil in sauté and then sear the steak peppercorn side down first for 2-3 minutes. Turn the steak over and cook to medium rare or desired doneness.
- Cut the NY strip into ¾ inch thick slices on a slight angle then arrange 3 pieces on a small, warm plate.
- Plate with your favorite steak sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Fleming’s Chocolate Lava Cake
Prepared By Chef Partner Ryan Mitchell
¾ lb.+ Butter, lightly salted
¾ lb. Semi Sweet Chocolate
5 Each Eggs, whole
3 Each Egg, yolk, fresh
¾ Cup Sugar
2 Tbs.+ Flour
- Cut butter and chocolate into small pieces then place in a mixing bowl. Set over top of a double boiler with simmering water. Heat the butter and chocolate until melted.
- While chocolate is melting, combine whole eggs and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and whip until slightly thick.
- Add sugar to eggs and whip for 1 minute to blend.
- Lightly whip the chocolate and the butter until smooth. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate and mix well. Fold in flour and combine well into chocolate mixture.
- Spread additional room temperature butter and flour in 6 small cups. Combine butter and flour making a smooth paste. Make sure to cover all areas in the cup.
- Fill each cup equally with batter to about half an inch from the top.
- Cook cake in 350 degree oven for 18 – 20 minutes until it is firm on top with a slight crust.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 1 – 2 minutes. Carefully tip cup onto a plate. Garnish with raspberry sauce or chocolate sauce and fresh berries.