STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Make your Super Bowl celebration the best yet with tips from the Party Goddess!
Marley Majcher stopped by the KCAL9 studios Wednesday to share some big game party tips.
Super Bowl Party Facts:
• The average number of people at a Super Bowl party is 17
• 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed annually on Super Bowl Sunday
• Over 700,000 footballs are produced annually for official NFL use and 72 of them are used for the Super Bowl
• Touchdown! Every All-American football party should show that competitive spirit. Make a colorful centerpiece representing your favorite team using a small helmet, mini-footballs, pom-poms and team jerseys. Display over a piece of sod (or green fur!) to resemble a football field
• Get Your Head in the Game! Use a football helmet to serve tortilla chips! Line the inside of the helmet with clear plastic wrap to display an assortment of multi-colored tortilla chips. Your fighting spirit will blow your guests away!
• SOUPer Bowl! Serve your homemade chili in an empty can of beans – decorate with the teams logos. Just rinse and re-use. Makes for a really great, vintage prop and is insulated to keep your chili hot!
• “Mo-Tea-To.” Instead of the usual beer in a bucket, why not concoct a signature beverage for the big game day?! Some specialty drinks include “Bing Cherry Mojitos” and “Agua Fresca “ (Melon, Papaya or Strawberry with or without alcohol!)
• Colorful Candy Bar! This is a fun idea especially if you have kids at the bash. Use candy that represents the colors of the two teams. Decorate the table with Pom pons and mini footballs.
• Show Your Team Spirit! Set up a station for children of “all ages” to create signs to cheer on their favorite team! This will keep all entertained until it is game time. Use galvanized buckets to hold craft materials and don’t forget the poster paper! Add in some glitter pens to glam up the game.
• Photo Op with Football Stars – Print headshots of favorite players, post on foam board and attach to a stick – for some fun “football stick people” and give your guests a fun fan “photo op”. Create a photo share site for everyone to share their post-party pics.
• Commercial Contest- Create some fun “Ballots” with categories such as funniest spot, most touching, best use of a celebrity and hand out to guests so they can write in their responses during the infamous “Commercial Breaks”. Compare answers then have a drawing for a prize such as an iTunes Card or gift card for your favorite restaurant.
For more tips and ideas, visit the Party Goddess online.