Dodgers Announce Stadium Improvements For 2013 Season
Los Angeles Dodgers
Buy Dodgers Tickets
Dodgers CentralShop for Dodgers Gear
Buy Dodgers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Baseball fans can look forward to a better game day experience in 2013 as the Los Angeles Dodgers Tuesday announced plans for improvements to their 51-year-old stadium.
“Dodger Stadium is a treasured piece of the Los Angeles community and we will respect that heritage while restoring and enhancing the venue for our fans in the 21st century,” team President and CEO Stan Kasten said. “When the improvements are completed, the stadium will retain its classic look, but it will have a more comfortable feel.”
Planned upgrades include:
• New High Definition video boards in left field and right field. Existing message boards, including ribbon boards at the Loge level and outfield wall, will be replaced with the new technology as well. The unique hexagon shape of both scoreboards will be restored.
• A new sound system directed to minimize echoes and sound migration outside the stadium
• A state-of-the-art Wi-Fi network and cellular antenna system to support cell-phone and internet connectivity from mobile devices
• Wider concourses and additional locations for wheelchair bound fans and their companions on all levels
• Expanded and renovated restrooms with substantially more fixtures
• Food service enhancements to loge, reserve and upper reserve levels including new stands, cooking facilities and menus.
• New Field Level entry plazas and bullpen overlooks to create standing room areas with a view of the game
• A new home team clubhouse, expanded and enhanced training/conditioning areas, and new batting cages for both teams
• Children’s play areas
The Dodgers will also be going green with new water valves, low flush fixtures, waterless urinals, hand driers to eliminate paper waste, automatic faucets to control water flow, and new power and lighting energy efficient systems.
The upgrades are expected to last throughout the 2013 season.