Incorporate Family Exercise With Tips From Melodee Bridges!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Founder of Miss Melodee studios, Melodee Bridges, stopped by KCAL9 Monday to discuss the importance of children’s exercise!
Melodee encourages families to incorporate a daily routine to be active at home by using the acronym DANCE: daily activity, act it out, no inhibitions, creativity and exercise.
Here are three examples she gave:
STRETCHING/WARMING UP FOR THE DAY:
- This is a great way to incorporate stretching and movement into your daily routine
- In the living room stretch and warm up each day on the floor pretending to make breakfast or bake something fun, using the imagination and be silly
- Afterwards head to the kitchen to make breakfast or bake something together
USE YOUR IMAGINATION AND YOUR BODY:
- Tying the exercises to a story makes it fun and more like play
- Try planting a pretend garden: hold the imaginary flowers, go up on tiptoe to place them up above your head, and plant them in the ground
- Afterwards you can pot actual indoor plants together
DANCE INSIDE TO THE WEATHER OUTSIDE – OR THE WEATHER YOU WANT IT TO BE
- Let the environment inspire you! Turn up a classic like “Singing in the Rain” and pretend it’s raining inside (jump in the puddles, kick the puddles, leap over the puddles, spin in the raindrops), Or something fun and upbeat like Miss Melodee’s “La La La Song” which is all about going to the beach and swimming in the ocean and incorporates movements like DOLPHIN TAILS, ROWING A BOAT, MERMAID YOGA, SWIMMING LIKE FISH, CRAB CRAWLING
For more information, visit Miss Melodee.