Filed underSeen On TV
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to keep your resolutions?
CEO of Raise the Game and Business Domination Expert John Burch stopped by KCAL9 Friday to discuss how to make realistic resolutions for 2013!
- What do you decide NOW that you will DO tomorrow?
- Plan slightly ahead, with an eye towards something bigger, and make it “chunkable” so you can manage
- Example, 5 pushups and 10 lunges out of bed (part of the bigger idea of getting in shape) when you wake tomorrow
Recognize your accomplishments:
- What mini-victory did you accomplish?
- Looking back on your day recognize the good stuff you’ve done
- Example, 5 pushups 5 lunges (not the 10 desired but it’s ok) and had no bread at lunch.
- Did you “sandbag” your efforts to look good or set the bar too high to be set up for failure from the start?
- Knowing that you’re not too easy nor too hard will help
- While this isn’t scientific it is good to be aware of when you’re working in the “red zone” or totally coasting
- Example. Setting 5 pushups and 10 lunges when you know you could do 50 of each unbroken (too easy)… OR setting the action at 50 of each when you’ve never done any (too hard).
What’s the next mini-victory you will now take action on?
The day is over, time to plan your next small accomplishment
Remember this, the seeds of greatness happen in our daily choices similar to answering the question “how do you eat an elephant?” obviously one bite at a time.
Set yourself apart:
How much “skin” do you have in the game to accomplish this?
Set yourself apart from all the wannabees… bet on yourself. The bet here can be anything of value however you must absolutely not want to give it up
For more information, click here.