Long Beach Man Suffers 2nd Degree Burns In Barbecue Explosion

LONG BEACH (AP) — A Southern California man has been hospitalized after a barbecue exploded and touched off a house fire.

City News Service says the Long Beach man was lighting a barbecue in the rear portion of his home when there was a flash explosion just before dawn on Monday.

The blast sparked a small fire that was quickly extinguished by firefighters

The man is in a hospital with second-degree burns on his face. His name hasn’t been released.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It
Follow Us On Twitter

Listen Live