Bring Flemings Steakhouse Home With Recipes From Chef Brandon Powell
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Chef Partner Brandon Powell of Fleming’s Steakhouse visited KCAL9 Monday to show viewers how to make some of the restaurant’s famous side dishes at home.
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is the ultimate steakhouse destination for the wine lover: stylish, lively, contemporary, and affordable.
Beyond excellence in food & wine, Fleming’s offers unparalleled atmosphere and service. Fleming’s offers the perfect backdrop for memorable times with family and friends: in the main dining area or in the private dining room.
The upscale is also opening a new location in Beverly Hills.
Fleming’s Chipotle Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
1 gal. Water
2 tsp. Kosher salt
1 lb. Cavatappi pasta
As needed, corn oil
6 oz. Onions
4 oz. Butter, lightly salted
3 Tbsp. Flour
2 c. Heavy cream
3 c. Half and half
2 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. White pepper, fine grind
¾ lb. Smoked cheddar cheese, grated
4 oz. Cheddar cheese, graded
1 Tbsp. Corn oil
1 tsp. Chipotle chili powder
¾ c. Panko bread crumbs
1. In a large stock pot, bring water and salt to a boil. With water boiling, add pasta and cook 8 – 9 minutes. Drain pasta and cool down under cold running water and reserve. Pasta should be slightly firm. Toss pasta in corn oil and reserve.
2. Melt butter in a large sauce pot set on medium high heat. Add ½ inch diced onions and sauté for 4 – 5 minutes.
3. Add flour and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Do not brown.
4. Add cream, half and half, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook until thick, about 5 – 6 minutes.
5. Grate both cheeses and blend into the sauce. Add cooked pasta and place in a separate baking crocks or a 12” x 9” baking dish.
6. In a sauté pan set on media high heat, add corn oil and chipotle chili powder. Heat for 30 seconds until it starts to smoke.
7. Remove from stove and quickly stir in the bread crumbs. Spring the crumbs over the pasta and back in a 350 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until slightly golden brown and crisp.
Sautéed French Green Beans
4 oz. Green beans, trimmed
1 1/2 tbsp. Butter, lightly salted
3 oz. (wt.) Shitake/Button mushrooms prep
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
¼ tsp. Black pepper, fine grind
¼ tsp. Porcini powder
1. Cook the trimmed green beans in the streamer for 2-3 minutes.
2. Melt the butter in a 10” sauté pan over medium high heat then add the green beans, pre-cooked mushrooms, salt and pepper and porcini powder and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Place green beans and mushrooms on a warm 9” oval underliner plate with a large serving spoon.
Kill Date: 4 days on pre-cooked beans