STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Don’t just decorate your home this holiday season, “techorate”!
David Hauer from The Home Depot visited KCAL9 Friday to show viewers how to put a spin on holiday decorating by merging technology and interior design so that a techorated room works together as one unified space.
Save Time, Reduce Holiday Stress:
• Home Accent’s Quick Set Christmas Tree features an innovative electrical cord integrated right into the tree – so setup is a snap. Just take the segments of the tree and connect from the bottom to the top, you’ll see each part light up as you go. Never worry about tangled lights again.
Outshine the Neighbor’s House While Saving Money:
• New technologies allow outdoor holiday decorating enthusiasts to take Christmas lights up a couple notches. The LightShow LED lights deliver shooting star icicle lights that feature elegantly falling lights, while the Starry night light sets creates the illusion of gently twinkling starts.
• The integrated remote control unit allows customers to do any of the light show functions with the push of a button and sync up to 17 units. Best of all, they come complete with Energy saving LEDs – 20,000 hours of bulb light; 80% more efficient than incandescent bulbs.
‘Tech the Halls’, and the Tree:
• Don’t leave out the Christmas Tree when techorating. Connect the Maestro Mouse tree ornament to any lit tree and it will play 12 voice requested Christmas Carols as well as 12 more that he knows by heart.
• This ornament is so advanced it can synchronize the lights to play along with the music, and even turn lights on or off.