5 Key Tips To Start Your Own Business From President Of Positive Dynamics
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Thinking about starting your own business?
President of Positive Dynamics Scott Ventrella stopped by KCAL9 Friday to discuss five keys tips to start your own business.
1. Have a Vision in Mind
- Know what the big picture for your life looks like — health/wellness, career, relationships, spirituality, finances, etc. Most people live day-to-day and get wrapped up in the minutia of life.
- Living a successful life starts with having a clear idea of what life is all about.
- An idea that transcends short-term, live for the moment thinking.
- This energizes us and propels us into action.
2. Enlist Others
- We live interdependent lives. Let your family and close friends in on your plans.
- They will be more than happy to provide commentary (whether you agree with it or not!) This will help you make appropriate adjustments to your plans.
3. Make a Plan (and go public with it)
- Writing down your plan that includes hard goals and strategies to achieve them will help you to keep your feet to the fire.
- When we tell others about our plans (go public), we put ourselves on the hook. No one wants to be embarrassed by not following through on public pronouncements.
4. Take Care of Your “Customers”
- We all have customers in our lives — not just those associated with business. There’s so much meaning to the word “customer.” Why not put best practices for treating customers into place when dealing with friends and family? The outcome will be much better and enrich our lives tenfold
5. Execute (and be open to feedback)
- Follow through is key. No one achieves health and prosperity without deliberate and steadfast commitment to seeing one’s plans all the way through to completion — regardless of obstacles, roadblocks and the naysayers.
- Review your progress by setting clear markers in place to measure against.
- Starting a business requires careful thought, planning and execution.
- We must also be open to others’ feedback. Following a clear cut path as described will all but ensure us of achieving success.
For more information, visit Positive Dynamics.