Get Holiday Party Makeup Tips From Celebrity Makeup Artist Carmindy
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Want to wear the hottest makeup trends for upcoming holiday parties?
Celebrity makeup artist Carmindy from “What Not to Wear” stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to discuss how women of every age can make their eyes sparkle this holiday season!
The hottest colors or shades to wear:
- Merry Metallics & Jubilant Jewel Tones
- Fall and winter makeup can range from light and festive to sensuous and dramatic.
- For eyes, play with jewel-tones like emerald green or mysterious shades like silvery taupes or chocolate browns to get a smashing smokey-eyed look.
- When the holiday parties start, use a bit of sparkle or reflective eye shadow to celebrate the season.
- To open up the eyes, add a dash of gold shadow in the center of the eyelids.
- To make eyes really sparkle, “Carmindize” by sweeping on a shimmering highlighter under the brow bone and on the inside corners of the eyes with a small brush.
Themes women should go for:
- Holiday Hollywood Glamour
- Just like the glamorous gals of the 60’s cat-eyes are roaring back this season.
- To get this look, gently pull your eyelid taut with the ring finger and use a black pencil to create a stencil along the lash lines in small dashes from the inside corner to the outside of the eye.
- After creating your stencil use a liquid liner that is in a pen form because it’s easier to control.
- Follow your stencil to create the perfect cat-eye every time. If you need to clean up your wing, use a towel, folded in half twice, to gently wipe the corners of your eyes.
Top things women can do to become camera ready:
- Camera-Ready Luscious Lashes
- Sweep on a few coats of your favorite volumizing or lengthening mascara.
The one thing women often forget:
- Bold, Beautiful Brows
- To really ‘wow’ them with your eyes, finish off with a bold brow!
- Brush them upwards with a brow brush and trim the strays with a pair of cuticle scissors.
- Fill in any gaps with an eyebrow pencil in a shade that matches your brows.
For more information, visit Daily Makeover.