Turn Your Turkey Day Leftovers Into A Pot Pie!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Get creative with your Thanksgiving leftovers with help from Mimi’s Cafe!
Kathryn Sutton, Senior Culinary Director of Mimi’s Café, visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to show viewers creative ways to use our Thanksgiving leftovers.
Kathryn showed viewers how to turn leftovers into an easy an easy and fabulous Thanksgiving leftover pot pie.
Recipe: Thanksgiving Leftover Pot Pie
• 3 TB olive oil
• 1 ea medium onion, chopped
• 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
• 1 cup carrots, diced
• 1 cup celery, diced
• 2 cups cooked leftover turkey, diced
• 3 cups gravy
• 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
• 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
• 1 TB Italian parsley, chopped
kosher salt (to taste)
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
• 1 ea egg beaten to blend with 1 TB of water (egg wash)
• 1 ea 9-inch ready made pie crust
Serve with Cranberry sauce
• Preheat oven to 400°F.
• Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add chopped onion, carrots and celery and sauté until browned.
• Add sliced mushrooms sauté until browned and caramelized (about 4 minutes).
• Add diced turkey, gravy, and thyme.
• Bring filling mixture to simmer.
• Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
• Mix in peas and chopped parsley.
• Pour filling into 9-inch-deep dish pie tin.
• Lay out prepared pie crust and pinch or cut off any excess crust you have around the edge.
• Cut out vent holes (simple slashes or decorations like leaves).
• Place crust on top filling and pinch edges of crust all around.
• Brush with egg wash.
• Bake turkey pot pie until crust is golden and filling is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes.
• Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
• Serve with cranberry sauce.