Raise Prostate Cancer Awareness Through The Power Of The Moustache
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — CEO and co-founder of Movember Adam Garone visited the KCAL9 studios Monday.
Movember (moustache November) is the leading non-government fundraiser for prostate cancer research, aiming to change the face of men’s health through the power of the moustache!
What is Movember?
• Movember is the global men’s health charity encouraging men to grow and women to support the Mo (moustache) for the 30 days of November. Through the power of the moustache, awareness and funds are raised for men’s health, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.
• Participation is really easy – men and women register at Movember.com to grow or support the Mo. Men start November 1 clean shaven and grow their moustache for 30 days, getting friends, family and colleagues to donate to their Mo-growing efforts. They celebrate their journey at the end of Movember at official gala parties or they can host their own party.
• In 2011, the US campaign saw more than 145,000 Americans growing and supporting the Mo, raising over $15 million for men’s health, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.
Is Movember just for men, or can women participate too?
• Women, or Mo Sistas, are very important to the Movember campaign.
• Mo Sistas are also typically the gatekeepers to family health – booking doctor’s appointments, encouraging check-ups, and taking care when they are sick. They have a critical role to play in men’s health.
• They register at Movember.com, start a team, recruit the men in their lives to participate, donate, fundraise, and plan and participate in events.
Moustache Grooming Tips
• First off, determine what style of Mo fits your personality and upper lip. Visit Movember.com to view our Mo Style Guide
• To starting the process off right – let the hair on your face grow like crazy for a few days, ignoring the itch. Once you’ve gotten enough growth, carefully start shaping it with a pair of good clippers.
• Next – shampoo the Mo regularly. To keep it neat, trim it when damp and shave around with a sharp blade.
• Be aware that gray hairs in the moustache are common even for young Mo Bros. If you decided to add additional color to your Mo, be sure to dye it a shade lighter from your typical hair color
• Lastly – nothing tames an unruly moustache like a good ole’ comb. Brush away!.
For more information, visit Movember.