2 Women Critically Burned While Cooking At Cal State LA

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Five women suffered burns Friday in a cooking fire at a Cal State LA dorm room.

The blaze happened around 8 p.m. at 5425 East Dobbs Street, according to Erik Scott from the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The group was making a large amount of fried food when the cooking oil caught fire.

“Cooking oil flashed, resulting in burns,” said Scott.

The victims, ages 18 to 24, were taken to the hospital with first and second-degree burns.

Two girls were in critical condition.

Scott said three of the women were Cal State LA students.

(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio

Listen Live