OC Man Remains In Custody Following Wife’s Disappearance
NEWPORT BEACH (CBSLA.com) — An Orange County man remained in custody on Saturday following the disappearance of his wife.
Bail for 48-year-old Peter Chadwick was set at $1.5 million.
Officers responded to Chadwicks’ Newport Coast home earlier in the week when a neighbor called police to request a welfare check after the couple’s children were not picked up from school.
“We responded out to the home and found evidence of a possible struggle or foul play,” said Kathy Lowe of the Newport Beach Police Department on Friday.
“The investigation has revealed that Quee Chadwick is definitely a victim of homicide and although her body has not been located, we are currently searching the areas we believe Mr. Chadwick may have traveled,” Lowe said.
Initially, an investigation was launched in search for the couple. However, by early Thursday, San Diego police reported receiving a call from Mr. Chadwick asking for assistance for an unknown reason.
He was later arrested and booked into Newport Beach jail.
Anyone with information was asked to call Newport Beach police at (800) 550-NBPD or Detective Bryan Moore at (949) 644-3764.
(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)