NEWPORT BEACH (CBSLA.com) — A 50-year-old Newport Beach man pleaded guilty Friday to charges of rape and resisting arrest.
David Charles Wilson entered a guilty plea to felony rape and forcible copulation charges and a misdemeanor resisting arrest charge. Charges of assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats, forcible sexual penetration, rape and false imprisonment counts were dismissed, according to court records.
The case stems from the night of May 9, 2011, when the victim accepted Wilson’s invitation to come to his home for the first time, Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Walker said. The two had met a few months earlier and had been talking on the phone up until then.
When the woman arrived, Wilson choked the woman and threatened to kill her if she did not do as he said, Walker said. Wilson then raped her in his bedroom and elsewhere in the house.
Walker says Wilson also forced the victim to perform oral sex on him and used his fingers, a pen and a toothbrush to sexually assault her.
The woman had told a friend where she was going that night, and when a friend could not reach her by phone, she drove to Wilson’s house and called out to the victim, Walker said. The woman escaped through a window and ran to her friend’s car.
A neighbor called 911 after hearing a commotion. Wilson barricaded himself in his house and surrendered hours later, Walker said.
Wilson is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 19.
(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)