Filed underSeen On TV
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — September is Chile Fest month!
Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill‘s Executive chef Danny Stevens stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to discuss his new Chile Fest menu and how the restaurant is giving back to the community.
Every September, Z’Tejas hosts a Chile Fest in honor of the annual one held in New Mexico, which celebrates chile peppers and their versatility in the culinary world.
Z’Tejas is partnering with Team Kids, a nonprofit that encourages local youth to become more involved in their community.
Z’Tejas will donate $1 from each item sold from September 4-23 to Team Kids.
Some at-home recipes from Z’Tejas’ menu include:
Chicken Crab Relleno Filling Home Recipe
Yield – 2.5 lb
SHELF LIFE – 2 days
SENSITIVITY – Be sure chicken and polenta are completely cooled prior to making filling
Achiote Chicken, cooked, cooled down – 8 oz (1/3 in dice cut)
Coconut Polenta, prepped – 1 lb
Crab Meat (blue crab) – 8 oz
Jack cheese, shredded – 8 oz
1. Place all ingredients into large S/S mixing bowl. Using gloved hands, be sure to break up all polenta and incorporate all ingredients until evenly dispersed. Stuff as many rellenos as needed. Any leftover stuffing, place in plastic storage container and reserve.
2. Cover, label, date and refrigerate
Coconut Polenta Home Recipe
Yield – 2lb 8 oz
SHELF LIFE – 3 Days
Corn Meal – 7 oz
Coconut Milk – 2 each 14 oz can
Chipotle Puree – 2 tsp
Black Pepper, ground – 1/2 tsp
Salt, Kosher – 2 tsp
Butter, melted – 2 oz
Pan Spray (to coat)
1. Place the corn meal & coconut milk in a 10 qt sauce pan – bring to a boil on a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened approximately 5 minutes – STIRRING constantly.
2. Add corn, chipotle and seasonings and cook additional 3 minutes – then add butter and whisk until completely incorporated.
3. Spray small sheet pan with pan spray and pour mix making sure to spread evenly to cover bottom of sheet pan equally. Place in walk-in and allow to completely cool down prior to utilizing in relleno stuffing.
4. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.