STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Looking for a new place to have lunch? Try Pasadena’s Burger Haven.
Executive Chef & Partner of Burger Haven, Greg Daniels, stopped by the KCAL9 studios Friday to talk about the new pop-up burger shop located inside of Haven Gastropub and Brewery in Old Pasadena.
Haven Gastropub +Brewery in Old Pasadena has debuted a pop-up shop, appropriately named Burger Haven for its selection of grassfed and free-range beef burgers, chicken burger, vegetarian burger and a number of rotating burger specials (yes, Haven’s signature Haven Burger and Lamb Burger are on the menu)! In addition to an exciting menu of burgers, Executive Chef Greg Daniels and Chef de Cuisine Marc Johnson, have created a full array of housemade sauces and sides. To appeal to your sweet side, our talented Pastry Chef Santanna Salas has come up with specialty shakes made with fresh housemade Haven ice cream — we’re talking Nutella, Toasted Marshmallow, and Nutter Butter, complete with housemade Nutter Butter cookies!
Chef Daniels also showed viewers how to make Burger Haven’s signature “Shake and Bake” burger!
Shake and Bake Burger
• Grind the chicken (home cook can either use ground chicken or a chicken breast)
• Coat chicken with crushed corn flakes on both
• Place chicken in a frying pan with about a tablespoon or two tablespoons olive oil
• Sauté one side and then flip the chicken and cooked on the other side
• Place the entire pan in the oven until the chicken is cooked through (as you would normally bake chicken in the oven)
• Once chicken is done take a bun and spread honey mustard on both sides.
• Place your chicken on the bun and top it with your favorite mashed potatoes, gravy and greens (we use braised collard greens)
Open 7 days a week , 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Located inside Haven Gastropub +Brewery in Pasadena
42 De Lacey Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105