Filed underSeen On TV
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Anne Ellett, the Senior Vice President of Health Services at Silverado Senior Living, stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to share her top five tips for memory loss prevention and treatment.
The certified nurse practitioner has extensively researched dementia, case management of homebound seniors, and supervision care for patients residing in nursing facilities.
Top Five Memory Loss Prevention and Treatment Tips:
1. Keep moving. Exercise should be integrated into your regular daily routine (rather than a power workout two times per week).
2. Maintain a Mediterranean-style diet high in plant-based proteins, small amounts of animal proteins, olive oil, and moderate red wine.
3. Learn something new. Our brains are capable of continuing to learn new skills—challenge yourself.
4. If you notice changes in your memory, see your primary care doctor. Many medical conditions can cause memory changes, but some may be reversible if treated early.
5. Stay connected. People who have loving relationships and are connected to family and friends live longer and are generally healthier.
For more information, check out Silverado Senior Living.