STUDIO CITY (CBS) — We are fortunate to live in Southern California with so many great stay-cation options to choose from! Deborah Stumm, founder of SuperMoms360.com, has compiled a list of family-friendly hotel packages and activities within easy driving distance from home.
Stumm stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to spill her secrets to saving on stay-cations.
LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY:
- Shorebreak Hotel (Huntington Beach): Billabong Surf Package: Includes room accommodations, private 2 hour surf lesson, Endless Summer DVD and wine hour.
- Red Lion Hotel (Anaheim) – Disneyland Resort Package: Kids under 10 eat free, free parking, discounted hopper tickets available at the resort
- Bowling – 300 Anaheim is offering “Kids Bowl Free” all summer when you register on their website and Irvine Lanes offers $2.50 games weekdays after 5 p.m.
- Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach) – Extended hours during the summer until 9 p.m. and admission after 5 p.m. is only $14.95 per person. They also have a family sleepover on July 27 where you spend the night at the aquarium – space is limited.
- Pirates Dinner Adventure (Anaheim) – Kids tickets are up to 50% off for the summer.
- K1 Speed (locations throughout Southern California: Irvine/Anaheim/Carlsbad) – Coupon on SuperMoms360.com for $5 off your next race.
- Manchester Grand Hyatt (Downtown San Diego) – Old Town Trolley package: A great way to experience San Diego with 2 free trolley tour tickets. Tour will take you to Balboa Park, Gaslamp Quarter, Old Town, Seaport Village and more!
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay – Explore Family Adventure Package. Receive breakfast for 2 kids and 2 adults and 20% off admission to the Zoo, SeaWorld and LEGOLAND
- The Dana on Mission Bay – You Belong in the Zoo Package. With a 3 night stay, receive 2 free adult San Diego Zoo tickets
- LEGOLAND California Resort (Carlsbad) – Save up to 20% on admission and receive a 2nd day free when you book online in advance.
- SeaWorld San Diego – 2012 Fun Card; pay for a day and come back all of 2012
For more tips on stay-cations, visit the “Where To Go, What To Do” section on SuperMoms360.