Create An Outdoor Haven With Design Tips From Sissy Biggers
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — As the summer weather heats up, it’s the perfect time to have an outdoor party. But, is your home ready for company? Sissy Biggers stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to talk about creating dazzling living and entertaining spaces.
According to Biggers, it’s easy to reinvent an outdoor space by splashing it with color, clusters, comfort and lighting.
Sissy’s Top Tips:
No matter what your space, it’s important to choose a centerpiece and build around it with whimsy and color you might not use inside!
• Glider Bench ($99.99) – classic old-fashioned summer comfort.
Refresh and replace faded, season-warn cushions with affordable, fashionable designs:
• Octopus Deco and Fish Pillow ($29.99)– add comfort and fashionable accents and affordably refresh season warn cushions.
Define your outdoor area:
• Loloi Nantucket Braided Rug ($99.99)– is great indoors AND outdoors: reversible, resistant to stains, water and moisture and covers less than perfect surfaces.
• Wrought Iron Fences
• Bird Cages with ivy and geraniums are an instant and inexpensive decorative motif.
• Faux Topiaries bring green to any space anytime
• Statues as accents.
• Pedestals create different and interesting heights.
Choose versatile furniture pieces and colorful accessories which can move around your outdoor space and from season to season:
• Pair side tables for a centerpiece, coffee table.
• Light weight and colorful serving pieces in Melamine make it an easy trip from the kitchen to patio an extend into other seasons.
• Mix colorful table napkins and cloths for more casual entertaining.
• Woven Baskets can transport picnic wear and hold sun block.
Outdoor beverage serving set up is a must have:
• Party tub ($29.99) creates a self-serve set up with premade ice-tea and lemonade nestled in ice.
• Load “old-fashioned” ice trays with lemonade and a shredded mint to melt into a perfect “Arnold Palmer” on a hot summer day!
To learn more about Sissy Biggers, click here.