29_35x90 knx_35x90
CBSLA WEATHER APP: iPhone App Store | Android App Coming Soon | More Info | Watch Josh's Live Demo

Local

OC Man Sentenced For Sexually Assaulting, Attacking 3 Women

View Comments
Photo Galleries

SANTA ANA (CBS) — A 24-year-old Orange County man was sentenced Friday for sexually assaulting two women and attacking another outside her home.

Rulin Hernandez Loaeza, of Garden Grove, was convicted in March of two felony counts each of forced oral copulation and making criminal threats, along with a misdemeanor count of simple assault, Deputy District Attorney Katherine David said.

He was sentenced Friday to two consecutive terms of 15 years to life. Loaeza’s attorney asked OC Superior Court Judge Sheila Hanson if his client could serve his two terms concurrently but the judge said legally she had to enforce that they be enforced consecutively. The defendant’s attorney pointed to a probation department report on Loaeza that cited his sexual assault at the hands of relatives when he was a child in Mexico.

The judge contended that, despite the law, she’d still give Loaeza the longer term because “the harm he has inflicted on two separate victims has been enduring.”

Two of the victims told the judge how the attacks affected them.

“I remember the next day when I had to go back to school and I felt someone was following me,” said one victim, who accepted a ride from Loaeza outside a Garden Grove phone store Nov. 3, 2009.

Loaeza drove the woman, then 19, to Anaheim, where he forced her to perform oral sex on him, David said.

“I will never forgive him for what he did,” the woman told the judge. “I know I made a wrong decision taking that ride, the ride that will forever haunt me.”

“Prison is not enough for a person like that with such dirty thoughts,” she continued. “And I hope his new home called cell will make him remember his wrong decisions and my will to survive.”

Loaeza’s first victim, a woman who was attacked outside her Garden Grove home on Dec. 6, 2007, made a statement to the judge last month. Loaeza was convicted of misdemeanor assault for that crime, in which he tried to force the
victim to perform oral sex on him, David said.

“Since that horrible night I thought there would never be a future for me,” that victim told Hanson at a May 4 hearing with help from a translator. “The way I felt quickly reflected in my actions and affected my intimate relations.”

The woman said she suffers from insomnia and anxiety.

Loaeza also was convicted of forcing a prostitute to perform oral sex on him in his car Nov. 18, 2009, in Stanton, David said.

The defendant told the judge his time in jail “has helped me a lot. I wish and I pray for everyone’s health. I don’t have anything against anybody.”

Loaeza said his time behind bars has also “helped me find the Lord, helped me to find my creator. I hope everyone can put themselves in my shoes and know how I’m feeling. I pray for every single one of you here and your families.”

(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus