Test Your Culinary Creativity With Recipes From ‘Manu’s French Bistro’
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Manu Feildel is a French celebrity chef most widely known for his participation in Australia’s cookery competition programs, “Ready Steady Cook”, “MasterChef Australia” and “My Kitchen Rules.” He stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to prepare one of his favorite dishes and to dish about his new book, “Manu’s French Bistro.”
Besides his skills in the kitchen, Feildel also has some moves! He won the Australian version of “Dancing With The Stars” in 2011.
Manu’s Divine Dish:
Smoked Rainbow Trout, Kipfler Potato and Watercress Salad
300g Kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
2 large handfuls watercress, picked (about 180 g)
1 x 400g hot-smoked rainbow trout
1 Granny Smith apple
1 bunch chives, cut into 3 cm lengths
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
100g creme fraiche or sour cream
3 teaspoons French Dijon mustard
Lemon cheeks (optional), to serve
1. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until just tender, then drain. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1 cm thick slices.
2. Meanwhile, place the watercress in a bowl of iced water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
3. Remove the trout skin, then remove the fillets from the bone, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the fillets into large pieces and place in a bowl, removing any small bones as you go.
4. Cut the unpeeled apple into matchsticks, then add to the trout along with the watercress and chives. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
5. Combine the creme fraiche and mustard in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the potato and toss to combine.
6. To serve, divide the potato mixture among 4 plates, then top with the trout salad and place a lemon cheek on the side, if desired.
Serves 4 as an entree or light meal
To learn more about Chef Manu Feildel, click here.